From The Examiner through the week of Jan. 4-9, 1971:
• ‘29-OF-35 Companies DISPLACED BY UR Work ON Square RELOCATE HERE” – Out of 35 corporations displaced at this time in the Independence Square area by City Renewal, 29 of the companies have relocated in the metropolis, most in the Square region. The figures have been designed obtainable at the request of The Examiner by the workers of the Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority. Relocation payments, direct federal subsidies to the displaced companies, totaled $154,684.12 as of Nov. 30. The relocations have taken put from January 1969 to the current.
Amid the 29 are Tremarco Company Station, previously Truman Road and Osage, now 23rd and Main Southard Cab, previously Osage and Truman, now Main and Walnut Herald Ebook Retailer, previously in Battery Making, now is Gaslight Square Middle on South Noland Highway and Jack’s Chili, was at 216 W. Lexington, moved to former Gibbons Cafe, 107 W. Lexington (constructing burned in fireplace early this year). Of the seven even now to be relocated, a few have definite websites, such as Diamond Bowl, now at 209 S. Spring, to be relocated at 216 N. Osage.
• “CITY TO Buy NW PARKWAY LAND” – The town need to be equipped to buy Northwest Parkway land from Urban Renewal within just two to a few weeks, and operate really should start out on the park in the spring. This crucial step in the lengthy and controversial 27-acre task was designed Wednesday at a conference of the Urban Renewal Board. John F. Hayner, recently elected Urban Renewal board chairman, expressed relief that the “long, monotonous and often tortuous” job had last but not least attained this phase.
Latest options for the place contact for a scenic park, with a lot of walkways and benches. In addition, a participate in region with products is proposed.
The whole $2.4 million project, bounded by River on the west, Spring on the east, U.S. 24 on the north, and Farmer and Waldo on the south, associated the acquiring of 190 items of house and the destruction of 144 properties. Discrepancies in how the land really should be produced held up the job for some time. The job was initially authorized on Dec. 29, 1964.
Take note: Even though it chronicled this big moment in the everyday living of the neighborhood – McCoy Park stands currently and is very well employed – The Examiner badly skipped the mark by neglecting to position out that this go destroyed the Neck, a predominantly Black section of the metropolis, displacing many people and forever disrupting a considerable portion of the community.
From The Independence Examiner throughout the 7 days of Jan. 3-8, 1921:
• “NO Lender REPORT YET” (Friday, Jan. 7) – At 2 o’clock this afternoon the deputy condition bank examiner and the board of directors, who are heading above the guides and accounts of the Professional Point out Bank, at Mount Washington, which was closed Tuesday evening by the board of administrators on account of the unexplained absence of Vice-President and Performing Cashier Walter M. Halpin, ended up not prepared to make a report of the volume of the bank’s lack. It is envisioned that it will volume to several thousand dollars.
• “GET A VICTORY MEDAL.” – Each and every gentleman who served in the United States military through the Entire world War is entitled to a Victory Medal. This medal is reported to be the most wonderful campaign badge at any time set out by the United States. It is manufactured of major bronze, a person and a person-quarter inches in diameter, and is suspended from a silk ribbon of the combined colors of the allies. To get one of these medals, it is only vital for qualified males in this vicinity to indication an software blank and deliver it to the United States army recruiting station, 203 East Twelfth street, Kansas Metropolis.
• “IS A Hazardous Behavior.” – In the course of the noon hour nowadays, boys from the Junior Substantial Faculty, corner of Maple Avenue and Enjoyable Road, retained running into the avenue and hanging on the backs of passing trucks. No one particular was damage but another person might have been. In just one case three boys ran out to catch a truck which was staying driven east at a excellent price. Two of the boys caught the truck but the 3rd failed and the driver of a Ford coupe, which was pursuing close after the truck, experienced to throw his brakes down hard to reduce hitting the youngster. If an incident had transpired it would not have been the fault of the drivers of the vehicles and autos.
– Compiled by Jeff Fox
Why Do I Keep Getting Job Application Rejections?
2010 H-1B Applications and the H-1B Cap
Writing a Job Application Letter Impressively